Arthritis describes many different diseases that cause tenderness, pain, swelling, and joint stiffness. With osteoarthritis, the most common form , the cartilage around the joint wears out, causing the bones in the joint to rub together, creating inflammation and pain. Most forms can occur in any joint, including spine joints. Osteoarthritis of the spine can lead to lost flexibility, bone spurs (osteophytes), irritated nerves, spinal stenosis, and sciatica. The terms spondylosis or degenerative joint disease are used interchangeably with osteoarthritis. Suggested Treatment is physical therapy
- It is inflammation of one or more joints.
- Symptoms of arthritis include pain and limited function of joints.
- The affected include men and women, children and adults.
- A rheumatologist is a medical arthritis expert.
- Earlier and accurate diagnosis can help to prevent irreversible damage and disability.
- Hereditary factors
- infections (bacterial/ viral)
- misdirected immune system (autoimmunity)
Early Signs And Symptoms of Arthritis:
- joint redness.
- joint swelling.
- joint tenderness.
- joint warmth.
- locking of the joint.
- loss of range of motion of the joint.
- balancing activity with rest
- using hot and cold therapies
- regular physical activity
- maintaining a healthy weight
- strengthening the muscles around the joint for added support
- using assistive devices
- taking over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers or anti-inflammatory medicines
- avoiding excessive repetitive movements
Since most forms of the disease are inherited to some degree, there is no real way to prevent them. When it follows joint injury could be prevented by adhering to safety regulations and trying to avoid becoming injured. When it is related to infection (for examples, septic arthritis, reactive arthritis, Whipple’s disease) could be prevented by not becoming infected with the causative organism. The extent to which this is possible varies depending upon the individual condition. In summary learning about the disease and treatment options, making time for physical activity and maintaining a healthy weight are essential. It is a commonly misunderstood disease.